Advocates for Children Pediatrics is a pediatric practice with emphasis on patient education and natural alternatives to prescription medicine. Accepts insurance reimbursement.
"We believe that people of gentleness and caring can change the world - one unseen, unsung, unrewarded kindness at a time."
Well Baby/ Well Child Care
- We promote regular check-ups according to the schedule proposed by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- We use anticipatory guidance and safety counseling guidelines as outlined in the Bright Futures project, developed at the Harvard Medical School Public Health Department.
- We have chosen to devote a large proportion of well baby visits to screening babies for developmental problems, supporting families in their parenting efforts, and counseling care-givers about safety, feeding, sleep and behavioral issues.
- Insurance companies reimburse the same amount of money for a quick physical exam labeled as a well baby visit as they do for the extensive visits we provide. We hope you enjoy and appreciate the extra time!
Medical Services Frequently Not Covered by Insurance Companies
The following services may recommended by your physician as a necessary part of your child's care. Please be advised that these procedures are frequently denied by certain insurance companies.
- Hearing screening
- Vision screening
- Wart freezing
- Lysis of penile adhesions
New Patient Registration Form
You can fill out our New Patient Registration Form
before coming to the office for your first visit to save time! For babies, fill our New Baby Registration Form
. For ADHD consults, please complete an ADHD Intake Packet
More Patient Forms
See this immunization schedule
for information about when Advocates for Children gives immunizations.